Wednesday, August 1, 2012

Stroller Stroll and Oversleeping

Workout
(Monday)
2.26 miles walk pushing stroller - 42 minutes

(Tuesday)
1.98 mile run - 22 minutes

On Monday, I took the kids to the park right after breakfast to try and squeeze some outdoor time in before the heat of the day. I pushed my baby girl, Ella, in her stroller and we did laps around the perimeter while Ethan, my 5 year old son, rode his bike on the sidewalks and played on the playground equipment within the fenced area.

stroller exercise

Our park adventure made for a fun workout and activity for all of us.

Tuesday, I had a 5 mile jog on the schedule. I planned on my usual early wake up time of 5:00 am. At 6:00 am, I woke up and realized that I had overslept! crap! I either forgot to set my alarm clock or had turned it off in my sleep.

I couldn't just put on my running clothes and rush out the door, I had to relieve my engorged boobs first and do a pumping session. There was no way that I could run with my rock hard chest throbbing before I even started.

I hooked myself up to the breast pump and debated what I should do about my run. My time was quickly slipping away and I couldn't decide if I should get in a quick, shorter run or wait until evening and knock it out on the treadmill.

breast pump

The treadmill wasn't sounding very appealing, so I impatiently waited to finish pumping and then rushed out the door. Unfortunately, I couldn't seem to get my mind into gear that this was a shorter run and should be done at a faster pace. My pace was dragging!

I didn't get back from my run until about 7:15 am. I was sure Ella would have woken up her Daddy and he would be feeding her the freshly pumped milk I'd left. However, when I walked in the door, everyone was still sound asleep. Of course she sleeps in when Daddy is in charge! Don't try and tell me she isn't a Daddy's girl. ;)

I finished my workout with some sit ups and stretching. I love stretching now that my big, pregnant belly is no longer in the way.

xo Tara

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear from you!