Tuesday, July 24, 2012

Bruised and Jigglely

Workout
Pre-Dawn Run
2.38 Miles - 25:17 minutes


Woke up early to try and fit a run in before my baby woke up. I had a cup of coffee and a piece of toast while pumping. I was excited to wear my new workout tank that I got at a Nike Outlet store.


Hard to get a picture in the pitch dark.


I was out the door before 5:30 am. My goal for this run was to go without walking for at least 20 minutes and to keep the pace below 11 minutes per mile. I succeed with both goals and ended with an average pace of 10:40 per mile.


I was a sweaty mess by the time I finished and the sun was starting to light the sky. It was already in the mid-80s outside when I started my run and the pavement was radiating heat - yuck! 

I have a large bruise on my upper thigh thanks to slip I took on Saturday in the bathroom from a wet floor. I could feel it throbbing a little when my thighs jiggled during the run.


Lovely, isn't it? Nothing like a bruised and jigglely thigh to bruise an ego! ;-) Maybe the bruise will at least distract the eye from the neighboring cellulite.

Tara-iffic Randomness

Now, the baby has been up since 6:30 am and refuses to take a nap. Someone needs to explain to her that a 9 week old needs to sleep sometimes. She is not an easy napper. I'm off to jump in the shower and bring her Rock-N-Play in with me. I'm hoping the running water and exhaust fan will soothe her a little. Fingers crossed!

xo Tara




No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear from you!