Friday, July 20, 2012

Protein Powders

Workout
Treadmill
2.25 miles - 26.27 minutes
1 mile walk - 17 minutes

I had originally planned on getting up at 5:00 am to get outside to run but Ella had other plans for me. After being up from 2:30 - 4:00 am tending to the baby, I turned my 5:00 am alarm clock off. (I also want to get use to waking up early to exercise so it comes easier when it's time for me to return to work following my maternity leave next month.)

When my husband, Jim, got home from work, the temperature was 107 degrees. Running outside was not a healthy option, so I had to make the mental switch and hit the hamster wheel for my workout yesterday. I knocked out Day 2, Week 5 Couch to 5k workout and then walked a mile while reading an issue of Runner's World.

Tara-iffic Randomness
The UPS man made a delivery to our house this afternoon. Two new protein powders for me to test out. I had a $18 credit at drugstore.com, so I decided to put it towards some protein supplements.

I don't need them now, with my short and slow runs, but as I ramp up my mileage to prepare for the Tinker Bell Half Marathon, I want to have something to add to my recovery Green Monster smoothies.

I've never used protein powder before, so this is a new experiment for me. I looked for good taste reviews and lower calorie counts while deciding which products to try.


Cick Espresso Protein Powder

Click Espresso Protein Drink was my first choice. I heard about it on another blog many months ago. It scored high in taste reviews and I like the idea of getting some caffeine in my recovery smoothies following an early morning run.

 
Muscle Milk Light - Cake Batter

My husband uses traditional Muscle Milk, so I turned to this brand for my second choice. I don't need the extra calories that he does, so I opted for the Muscle Milk Light version. There were seven flavors available and Cake Batter had the highest taste reviews of the bunch. Cake Batter sounds pretty yummy to me, so I added it to my order.

I'll report back on how they work out!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear from you!