Saturday, July 28, 2012

Sweat Pink

Workout
(Rewind to Thursday)
Hot Trot!
2.49 miles - 28:00 minutes

I had planned on getting up at 5:00 am in order to do an early morning run. Unfortunately, Ella had other plans for her mommy. She woke up at 4:00 am and wasn't interested in going back to bed any time soon.

I finally got her back to bed and did a mental tug-of-war with myself on whether I should push through the fatigue and go on my planned run or crawl back into bed and try to catch up on the lost hour of sleep. Sleep won the battle and I crashed until 6:30 am.

Due to my missed morning run, I faced either a very hot outdoor run or hitting the treadmill later in the day. I was not in the mood for the treadmill, so I decided to go running when my husband got home from work to take over childcare duties.

It was hot! It was still over 100 degrees, but there were a few clouds, so it wasn't completely miserable.

I laced up my new shoes (love the bright, pink color #sweatpink) and tried to look at the positive that my pasty white skin would finally be seeing some sun.

Asics Gel Nimbus 14 - Pink

I like the Asics Gel Nimbus 14 but need a bigger size. I purchased them online from RunnersWarehouse.com, so I'll be testing their return policy and exchanging for a larger size. My big toe on my right side needs some more wiggle room.

The run was hot and slow but I'm proud that I completed the planned run and didn't just blow it off when things didn't go originally as scheduled. I've been known to look for any excuse to skip a workout.

xo Tara

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear from you!