Thursday, July 19, 2012

Tinker Bell Half Marathon

Tinker Bell Half Marathon

Tinker Bell Half Marathon

Four weeks after having a baby, I registered for my first ever half marathon. The hormones are making me do crazy things!

I was reading an issue of Runner's World and saw the advertisement for this race. I was immediately intrigued. Something just grabbed me about this race - it looks fun, un-intimidating, memorable, and something for everyone in our family.

We had been talking about taking our son, Ethan, to Disney for the past couple of years. We had decided that 6 was the perfect age and he'll be turning 6 this October. Combining our trip to Disney with a half marathon seems like a perfect combo to me!

I haven't ran in almost a year, due to fertility treatments and pregnancy, but I'm itching to get back into the routine. Committing to this long distance race, and paying the steep registration, will hopefully motivate me to get back into running and stick with a training program.

Am I completely crazy for signing up for my first half marathon and training while exhausted with a newborn? Probably!

The race is the week of my 30th birthday. I am in love with the idea of completely this daunting goal right after entering my thirties!

I "Tink" I Can!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear from you!